Volunteer Opportunity at Reeves
Reeves Middle School is looking for volunteers. Are you interested in helping at our school? Would you like to be involved and become a part of the Reeves community? We have many opportunities for you to get involved with Reeves.
Here are some of the ways you can become involved:
- Tutoring in our new after school intervention program (STAR). It is on Tuesday (Math/Science) and Thursday (Language Arts/Social Studies) in the Reeves library from 3:15 -- 4:15
- Library volunteers during 1st lunch (11:47 am -- 12:17 pm)
- Lunchroom supervision for our two lunches (11:47 am -- 12:17 pm and 12:42 -- 1:12 pm)
- Running the student store during our two lunches (11:47 am -- 12:17 pm and 12:42 -- 1:12 pm)
- Opportunity Time supervision and tutoring every day from 10:20 -- 10:28 am
- Enrichment activity during Opportunity Time. It can be one day a week or up to five days a week. Some activities/classes could include, but not limited to: art enrichment, foreign language introduction, technology, dance, photography, or if you have a possible suggestion please contact either Geoff Parks (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gordon Chamberlain (email@example.com)
- Athletic competition supervision and setup
If you are interested in any of these activities or you have other possible ways in which you would like to be involved with Reeves, please contact Geoff Parks (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gordon Chamberlain (email@example.com)
In order to be allowed to volunteer at Reeves Middle School, you must be accepted by Olympia School District as a volunteer. You may access the volunteer forms or apply online at the Olympia School District website or click HERE.
October Parent Newsletter
You should have received the second volume of "Raider's Digest" in your email that is on file with school. This is our Reeves Parent Newsletter for the month of October. If you did not receive the newsletter you can download the PDF by clicking HERE. If you would like any specific type of information for the newsletter that you felt was left out, please notify Mr. Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reeves Athletic Grade Checks
The first grade check for girl's basketball and for wrestling will take place on Thursday morning, November 13. If grades in any class are below C- then the student is ineligible for games for the following week but they are still eligible to practice. They may travel with the team at the coach's discretion. Students who raise their grade before the next grade check will be eligible for the following week but not the present week.
Exception: IF the grade is the result of a mistake then Mr. Sebring must receive a note from the teacher by the following Monday morning (student's responsibility) stating that the student's grade has been raised to a C- or above.
Grade checks will be redone each Thursday morning (November 20, December 4 and 11) for the rest of the season following the same procedure.
Free Admission for Saint Martin's Volleyball Match
Saint Martin's University will be competing against Seattle Pacific University in volleyball at Capital High School on Saturday, November 15 at 7:00 pm. Any K-8 student in the Olympia School District will have free admission. Saint Martin's athletes will be on hand to sign autographs and hand out megaphones as well.
Parents: How to Manage Your District Phone Calls
You may now manage how and where you receive phone calls and other notifications from the school and school district. Click below for more details.