Raider's Digest January Edition
You should have received the fifthvolume of "Raider's Digest" in your email that is on file with school. This is our Reeves Parent Newsletter for the month of January. If you did not receive the newsletter you can download the PDF by clicking HERE. If you would like any specific type of information for the newsletter that you felt was left out, please notify Mr. Parks at email@example.com
OSD News & Notes: January 30, 2015
In this week's News & Notes Marshall honors Martin Luther King, Jr, 'Lake Lincoln' makes an appearance, McKenny celebrates character day, OSD recognizes a multitude of new (and renewed) National Board Certified teacher...and much, much more!
Middle School Choice Programs - Info Nights Feb. 19, 24
Will you have a student in grades 6, 7 or 8 in the 2015-16 school year? If so, are you interested in learning more about our optional programs? We invite you to attend one of our Middle School Choice Program nights:
- Thursday, Feb. 19 at Jefferson Middle School, 2200 Conger Ave. NW - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 24 at Reeves Middle School, 2200 Quince St. NE
At the events you will learn about four student options:
- Jefferson Accelerated Math and Science (JAMS) is an accelerated math and science program for students looking for an academic challenge;
- Alki at Reeves and MAP at Marshall are community-centered, multi-age programs that are open to students of all ability levels (both involve a high level of parent participation); and
- A new 6th grade Humanities program that we piloting in all our middle schools.
Please join us!
Safe Schools Alert
Safety is our top priority. SafeSchools Alert is a reporting system that allows students, staff, and parents to submit concerns to our administration in four different ways; phone, text, email or via the web. Anyone may easily report on bullying, harassment, alcohol/other drugs, vandalism or safety concerns through the SafeSchools Alert process. Tips may be submitted anonymously.
If you have questions, contact your school principal or the District Compliance Officer, Jeff Carpenter at (360) 596-8544.
- Monday, February 2
- School Board Meeting
- Wednesday, February 4
- One Hour Late Start (EXCEPT Lincoln and Avanti)
- Saturday, February 7
- Choir Vocal Solo and Ensemble
- Monday, February 9
- School Board Study Session
- Saturday, February 14
- All-State Choir