Canned Food Drive Success
We want to thank all of you who have been so generous with your contribution of cans and money for our canned food drive. After two weeks of some fierce competition between our 1st period classes, we will be providing 9,266 cans to the Olympia Food Bank. Amazing!! The three classes bringing in the most cans per student will be receiving pizza parties next week. In first place is Mr. McGuire's math class, 2nd place is Mr. Teachou'ts class, and 3rd place is Mr. Jones' class. We are truly grateful to have such a giving community at Reeves Middle School. Happy Holidays!!
Raider's Digest December edition
You should have received the fourth volume of "Raider's Digest" in your email that is on file with school. This is our Reeves Parent Newsletter for the month of December. If you did not receive the newsletter you can download the PDF by clicking HERE. If you would like any specific type of information for the newsletter that you felt was left out, please notify Mr. Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reeves Middle School is a "School of Distinction"
Reeves Middle School is a "SCHOOL OF DISTINCTION". This is a recognition by the state for outstanding improvement in reading and math sustained over a five-year period. There were 101 schools in the state that received this distinction and only 22 middle / junior high schools. This recognizes schools in the top 5% of improvement for their levels! This recognition is due to an incredible collaborative effort among staff, parents, students, community and the district. We are very honored to receive this recognition and be among the top 5% in our state. Thank you for all of your continued support, without it this recognition would not be possible. We will keep pushing ahead and the sky is the limit for Reeves Middle School!
If you would like to read more about the recognition, you can by clicking HERE.
Volunteer Opportunity at Reeves
Reeves Middle School is looking for volunteers. Are you interested in helping at our school? Would you like to be involved and become a part of the Reeves community? We have many opportunities for you to get involved with Reeves.
Here are some of the ways you can become involved:
- Tutoring in our new after school intervention program (STAR). It is on Monday (Language Arts/Social Studies) and Wednesday (Math/Science) in the Reeves library from 3:15 -- 4:15
- Library volunteers during 1st lunch (11:47 am -- 12:17 pm)
- Lunchroom supervision for our two lunches (11:47 am -- 12:17 pm and 12:42 -- 1:12 pm)
- Running the student store during our two lunches (11:47 am -- 12:17 pm and 12:42 -- 1:12 pm)
- Opportunity Time supervision and tutoring every day from 10:20 -- 10:28 am
- Enrichment activity during Opportunity Time. It can be one day a week or up to five days a week. Some activities/classes could include, but not limited to: art enrichment, foreign language introduction, technology, dance, photography, or if you have a possible suggestion please contact either Geoff Parks (email@example.com) or Gordon Chamberlain (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Athletic competition supervision and setup
If you are interested in any of these activities or you have other possible ways in which you would like to be involved with Reeves, please contact Geoff Parks (email@example.com) or Gordon Chamberlain (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In order to be allowed to volunteer at Reeves Middle School, you must be accepted by Olympia School District as a volunteer. You may access the volunteer forms or apply online at the Olympia School District website or click HERE.
Upcoming OSD Concert Dates
It’s officially that time of year, the time for holiday concerts! Below is a list of all of the upcoming concert dates taking place throughout our District. Dates and times are subject to change, so please verify concert specifics with our schools.
Interested in Referring a 5th-7th Grade Student for Highly Capable Services?
For more information about the student referral/screening/selection procedure, middle school service options, and needed forms, click here.