Reeves Middle School was opened December, 1970. The school was named after Wilfred Reeves who first joined the District in 1929 as a junior high teacher, later served as Principal of McKinley and Roosevelt Elementary Schools and Washington Middle School. Reeves Middle School was renovated in 2007. Currently has a square footage of 75,762 on 21 acres with 25 classrooms.
The mission of Reeves Middle School is to ensure all students reach their full potential, becoming productive, respectful, and responsible citizens, who appreciate the value of lifelong learning.
Reeves Middle School will:
- guide students toward taking responsibility for their own learning and growth.
- utilize multiple approaches to promote a positive community culture in which all students are valued, respected, and develop self-worth.
- monitor each student’s learning through regular formative assessment and common assessments. The assessment data will be used to provide additional support for student not yet meeting a standard, or to provide enrichment for students who demonstrate mastery of the standard.
- provide time for staff to collaborate and be trained on research-based practices that align with the implementation of our mission.
- commit to constantly seek out the most promising practices that support student learning through a consistent and well-researched curriculum.
- foster thinking, learning, and responsibility in our students and staff.
- provide opportunities for all students to gain knowledge needed to advance in their life, as well as an appreciation for lifelong learning.
- recognize the value of each unique individual and his/her role in supporting the larger community.
Teacher Collective Commitments:
Each staff member of Reeves Middle School commits to the following:
- I will be a contributing member of my collaborative team.
- I will strive to develop a partnership with parents/guardians in the education of their student.
- I will utilize a variety of instructional strategies to promote success for all students.
- I will provide support for students who have not mastered essential learnings, and I will provide relevant enrichment opportunities for students who have mastered essential learnings.
- I will treat all students with respect and dignity and model critical thinking through reflection and metacognition.
- I will build on student success and provide a classroom climate that fosters a sense of accomplishment for each student.
- I will engage in meaningful staff development to enhance my professional skills.
Class Hours: 8:30am to 3:02pm
Office Hours: 8:00am to 3:32pm
What Makes Reeves Great!
2200 Quince Street NE Olympia, WA 98506
Ph: (360) 596-3400
Fax: (360) 596-3401
Geoff Parks, Principal
(360) 596-3400 firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Zarate, Assistant Principal
(360) 596-3400 email@example.com